We use First names more often than surnames now and first names have become increasingly important in terms of a person's identity. So think carefully about the way other people might perceive out of the ordinary or 'Weird' baby names.
A free online resource crammed with advice about choosing baby names...
Searching for Weird Baby Boy Names
The definition of the word clarifies the mind when searching for a name that can be described as 'Weird'. People searching for Weird Baby Boy Names are usually searching for a name that is striking, mysterious or unusual.
Dictionary Definition of 'Weird'
Weird - Of a strikingly odd or unusual character; strange. Of, relating to, or suggestive of the preternatural or supernatural. Of strange or extraordinary character. Odd, mysterious, out of the ordinary, striking or unusual.
The pitfalls of choosing striking or weird baby boy names
Remember that you are taking full responsibility for creating an important factor in your baby's identity.
- Selecting a name from the category of out of the ordinary or 'Weird Baby Boy Names ' runs the risk of being faddish and associated with a particular period in time or a particular country.
- An out of the ordinary or weird baby name must be suitable throughout all of life phases ( "A Name isn't just for a birthday - it's for life!").
- Consider the phases and our life cycle starting with baby - toddler - school child - teenager - young adults - parents - middle age - retirement and old age.
- Will the striking or weird baby name that you have chosen suit a pensioner as well as a baby?
- Will the schoolchild be teased mercilessly? And what will your baby think of your choice?
- Will they thank you for constantly having to repeat and spell their name to people for the rest of their lives?
- Remember that although the name is weird, or out of the ordinary, it will be widely used - so other people must be able to say it and spell it easily. The name should not suggest anything undesirable or silly!
- Studies undertaken by eminent psychologists suggest that people who have striking, or weird names, considered odd by those around them, can experience great difficulties in their normal social relationships.
The choice is endless!
If you are looking for striking or weird baby boy names for a boy then we have a host of out of the ordinary or weird baby boy names to choose from. Click the link to the World of Names to continue your search. The Unique Baby Names sections might also prove to be of additional help.
The choice is yours!
We hope that we have provided you a balanced view of the pleasure and the pitfalls of choosing out of the ordinary or weird baby boy names . To assist you further we have developed a Name Evaluator - an essential aid when considering weird baby boy names .
Unfashionable / Weird Names
Records show that in 2003 the following American names were recently only given to one baby and can therefore be described as being currently unfashionable. 62% of the people with unique names are women, confirming that parents are more likely to give their baby girl a unique or exotic name. Some of these unfashionable names could fall into the category, and pitfalls attached, to giving what some people might consider to be weird baby boy names. The dictionary definition for weird is 'Of strange or extraordinary character. Odd, mysterious, out of the ordinary, striking or unusual'.