A free online resource crammed with advice about compiling
a new born checklist !
Bathroom requirement when bathing baby
Non slip mats
1 Water thermometer
1 pair Blunt nail scissors
1 Comb & brush
1 First-aid kit
Disinfecting hand soap
1 Infant Plastic Bathtub
5 - 6 Hooded towels
2 - 4 Washcloths for bathing baby
1 Bath mat
1 container Bathing baby body wash
1 Baby Bathing lotion
1 Baby Bathing oil
1 Baby shampoo
Assortment of Bathing Toys
Click the following link for a comprehensive list of ideas for New Baby Gifts.
Bathing Health and Care
The Health and care of your baby boy or girl will be a major priority. The bathing related items listed above will ensure that your bathroom has all of the basic requirements to help you with the health and bathing care of your new arrival. Telephone numbers of Doctors and other Health care professionals need to be at hand for any emergencies - It might help to put a copy of these in your medicine cabinet.
Health and Baby Bathing Safety Considerations
Detailed below are various Bathing Safety Considerations which must be adhered to in the bathroom and when bathing babies:
- Water Temperature - Make sure the hot water heater is set at 120 F or below to avoid any risk of burning or scalding when bathing
- When water or bathing is involved there is always a risk of drowning. Never leave your baby unattended in the bathtub
- Slipping and falling - Place a bath mat on the bottom of the tub to reduce this risk
- Risk of cuts - Use a soft cover for the faucet to reduce this risk
- Stinging eyes - Use a shampoo shield to reduce this risk
- Accidents - Use locks on the toilet and cabinets
- Poison Hazards - Put all medicines and tablets on a high shelf or cabinet and for extra safety put a lock on the bathroom cabinet
- Bathing Baby
Checklists for New Born Babies !
We have tried to compile a really useful set of checklists indicating quantities as well as content. We have also added useful information on each category such as the sections on this page relating to Bathing baby. The checklists have been categorised into the following sections - please click the link of your choice for more useful and non commercial information:
New Born Baby Checklists - A Necessary evil !
It's amazing how much equipment and how many items that you need to prepare for the arrival of a newborn ! A newborn baby's checklist is essential - take a look at the following quotes...
- "It sometimes happens, even in the best of families, that a baby is born. This is not necessarily cause for alarm. The important thing is to keep your wits about you and borrow some money !" ~ Elinor Goulding Smith.
- "A baby's a blank cheque made payable to the human race." ~ Barbara Christine Seifert.
- "If your baby's "beautiful and perfect, never cries or fusses, sleeps on schedule and burps on demand, an angel all the time," you're the grandma." ~ Theresa Bloomingdale
We hope that they bought you a wry smile ! ( Please click the following link if you want to see some more Funny Baby Quotes - they're great! )